Replacing your old conservatory roof with a new solar control Self-cleaning glass roof can have a tremendous effect on the way your conservatory looks, feels and sounds .
What are the benefits of a new glass roof?
- Solar control glass offers excellent aesthetics and optimum performance.
- Dramatically reduces glare and heat from the sun.
- Excellent solar control performance combined with good light transmission.
- Uses daylight and rainwater to break down and wash away organic dirt.
- Works even on cloudy days and during the night.
- Solar control coating lasts the lifetime of the IGU.
- Easily cleaned during dry spells by hosing down.
- Low exterior reflection improves aesthetics of the conservatory.
- Solar control glass is specially designed for conservatory roofs.
If you speak to the experts, they will tell you that there are many reasons why a glass conservatory roof is superior to a polycarbonate one.
To start with they are less vulnerable to leaks as well as noise from rainwater. Also, as long as the correct types of glass are used, glass conservatory roofs will result in a far cooler conservatory in the summer as
well as a warmer one in summer - generally they are more thermally efficient. Finally, they are much simpler to clean than polycarbonate roofs, especially if they are made using specialist self cleaning glass.
For safety, toughened or laminated glass must be
used throughout. Toughened Glass offers added
security benefits against break-ins and cuts out
around 90% of the sun's UV rays. Not only does this provide protection against fading furniture and fabrics but also will help protect you and your family from skin damage from UV rays.
In order to prevent your conservatory from getting too hot, especially if it is south facing, it is advisable to use solar control glass. This special type of glass can save you money by decreasing the amount of energy that is needed to heat or cool your conservatory and makes the inside of the conservatory more comfortable by controlling heat and light levels. This is the key to being able to use your conservatory all year round.
Glass also offers dramatically improved sound reduction compared to polycarbonate sheets. Polycarbonate roof panels may be less expensive, but they are far noisier than glass when it rains, and can be real conversation stoppers in a downpour. If you want to use your conservatory as a main living room it is worth upgrading to a glass roof.
We are very proud of our workmanship.
Please take the time to browse through the pictures of recent installations we have produced by clicking the link below.